I have a serious case of Cruise Brain right now. We leave for our Carnival Sunshine cruise to Bermuda in just a couple of weeks, and it’s all I can think about. This is going to be our first time aboard the Carnival Sunshine, and even though our cruise is only four days long, I have a big to-do list.
Here are some things I can not wait to do on board the Carnival Sunshine. (Thank you to Carnival for hosting us on this trip!)
1. JiJi Asian Kitchen: When we cruised on the Carnival Pride and Carnival Splendor, the steakhouses were my absolute favorite meals (except for ice cream at 2am, naturally.) This time, we’re trying out JiJi Asian Kitchen. Ever since my friend Carrie dined at JiJi during her Sunshine cruise, I’ve been dying to try it. Signature Dining is an additional $15 per guest and always worth every penny. The kids will be heading to Camp Carnival for a fun evening and we finally get a date night.
2. Thermal Spa Time: In all of my Carnival cruises, I have yet to spend time at the spa. How is that possible?!!? This time, I am making sure I get a few hours in the Cloud 9 Thermal Suite. The Thermal Suite features saunas, heated loungers, and aromatherapy steam in different areas. Passes are available by the day or for the length of your entire cruise. You can even purchase a couple’s pass (which is what we’ll be doing once we’re on board.)
3. Bonsai Sushi: The Carnival Pride also had a Bonsai Sushi, but someone (read: me) was too seasick to indulge. Not this time! (Besides taking Bonine before we even board, we’ll also be avoiding the whole winter storm/nor’easter situation with this cruise.) Bonsai Sushi is an additional charge.
4. WaterWorks: We weren’t able to take full advantage of the water offerings on our Pride cruise (see previously mentioned nor’easter/winter storm), so I want to make sure we get in plenty of water play this time around. The Sunshine has several water slides to choose from, as well as a ropes course, splash zone, and the SportSquare area with basketball and more is right there as well. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates this time around!
5. Lip Sync Battle: No, I am NOT going to participate, but I will most certainly be there to watch the newest entertainment offering on select Carnival cruises. I got a few sneak peeks at the new show when my friend Fadra and other bloggers sailed on the new Carnival Vista. Guests take part in several smaller battles in the hopes of competing in the finals, complete with backup dancers and the same stage setup as the SpikeTV show. This is going to be epically entertaining.
My must-do list is growing longer and longer as we get closer to our sailing date, but these are my top five items to check off my list once we board the Carnival Sunshine. Of course, I’ll be over on Instagram Stories sharing as much as possible from our trip, so be sure you’re following me there.
Pin it for Later: