I purchased the Fitletic Ultimate II belt on my own. Fitletic is graciously supplying the giveaway prize.
As I mentioned earlier this week, I finally run tested my new Fitletic Ultimate II running belt. I promised you a full review, but now not only will you get a review, but thanks to the amazing folks at Fitletic, you’ll get a giveaway, too!
I have been trying to find a fuel/running belt I like for what seems like a year now. My running drawer is filled with half a dozen different belts in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I have three criteria that I judge every fitness belt by, and I had yet to find a belt which met all three:
1. Fit: Fits on waist without bouncing/chafing/weighing my shorts down.
2. Storage: Room for fuel, phone and ID/cash
3. Hydration option: The ability to add or remove hydration as needed for each run.
I found belts that had plenty of storage, but would bounce all over the place. The belts I found that stayed in place didn’t offer the option to add hydration.
I had almost given up, but after some advice from my fellow runDisney-loving friends, I decided to go ahead and purchase an Fitletic Ultimate II Running Belt.
The Ultimate II Running Belt boasts the following features:
- Neoprene Water resistant pouch – will fit most phones.
- Vertical and horizontal elastic slots to hold up to five gels for easy access.
- Additional side pocket perfect to hold an iPod, mp3 player, inhaler, house/car keys, sport beans, etc.
- Inner pocket will keep your ID/credit cards safe and secure.
- Reflective strips for night time safety.
- Features two toggles to hold your race number.
- One size fits all (adjustable).
- Will not to bounce, ride up or chafe.
- Hand washable – cold water – dry flat.
So, did the Ultimate II meet my three criteria? (spoiler alert: YES)
1. Fit: the Ultimate II fits low and snug across my waist. After 10 miles of running and tugging at the belt to remove the hydration bottle, the belt did not move. I never had to push it back down or pull it back up. The material is soft, did not cause chafing and not feel hot/sweaty at the end of my run.
2. Storage: The storage in the Ultimate II is fantastic. I had room for my iPhone 5, iPod nano, gels, and ID/cash…with room to spare. It was easy to get things in and out of the storage areas. I appreciate having separate storage for my gels and phone (no one wants a GU-covered phone). I love the second velcro pocket for my Sport Beans and/or keys/MP3 player.
3. Hydration: While the Ultimate II does not come with a hydration bottle, you can easily add one on. I purchased a 6oz hydration bottle for my belt. They also offer an 8oz option and you can order as a single or pairs. The add-on slipped right onto the belt and it was easy to get the bottle in and out of the carrier. I wear the bottle to the side, but it also works if you prefer to wear it on the back of the belt. I appreciate the lack of caps/pop-up lid on the bottle. I hate having to fuss with opening/closing bottles on a run.
The Ultimate II also comes with race bib holders. This is particularly awesome for people like me, who, no matter what, end up stabbing themselves with safety pins and hate covering up their race costumes. Fitletic products also come in a great range of colors. (I actually chose something other than pink for the first time ever).
Want to know what else I love about the Fitletic belt and see it in action? Check out my video review!