I love a good challenge, especially when Target is involved. When I saw Megan and Wendy from Long Story Short take the $20 Target Challenge, I knew I had to take it, too. I had originally planned on doing this as a video, but with two children who think yelling at each other is the best summer activity ever it’s just not happening.
I headed to Target to spend my one hour of free time I had last week (because where else would I go?) and I was pumped to take the challenge. What could I get at Target for only $20?
Y’all, this was harder than I thought. I kept getting a ton of ideas of what to get and switched the items in my basket about 15 times. I gave myself a few guidelines 1) it has to be stuff I’d be buying anyway and 2) it has to be for me: nothing for the house or the kids. There was a ton of stuff I wanted, but it put me over the $20 limit each time. In the end, I got five items for a grand total of $20.81 (because mental math is hard and I couldn’t figure out sales tax and the 5% Red Card discount together.)
So what did I get with my $20.81? Prepare to be amazed. Ha.
1. Mead Notebook: The back-to-school section gets me every time. If it’s not a new notebook, it’s new flair pens or crayons or file folders. I’m a sucker for office supplies and I never leave Target without them. This particular notebook is housing all of my camping trip checklists and ideas. Because a girl can never have too many to-do lists.
2. Mossimo T-Shirt: Please never look in my closet. If you do, you’ll see that I own exactly seven hundred and thirty two v-neck t-shirts, the majority of which are from Target and are grey/black/white. I wear these t-shirts at least three or four times a week. I wear them with shorts or tucked into skirts or under jackets. They are my favorite and I will hoard as many of them as possible from now until the end of time.
3. Dollar Spot Tumbler: I had to get something from the Dollar Spot, right? I currently have one other tumbler and I needed another to help me feed my iced tea addiction. This one is also the perfect size for frozen margarita day.
4. Maybelline Baby Lips Sunscreen SPF 20 Lip Balm: I was trying to find a good lip balm with SPF for the summer and this was the only one I could find in the check out lanes. To be honest, I don’t dig the scent/flavor very much and the container is way too large for my liking. It was an impulse buy that I highly regret. The only reason I’m still using it is for the SPF. I knew I should have stuck with the peanut butter cups.
5. Up & Up Contact Case: Up & Up always has the cutest contact cases. I switch mine out every couple of months (germaphobe) and this one was way too cute to pass up. I could save money and buy their bulk cases, but they’re super boring. If I’m going to be forced to use something every day, it should at least be fun to look at.
So what did we learn from this little challenge? Ashley is a hoarder and buys the exact same things every time she goes to Target.
What would you buy with $20 at Target? I challenge you to take the challenge (how many times can I say “challenge” in one post?) and post your haul. Be sure to link it up here in the commets so we can check it out!