I decided to kick off each week with a little recap of my weekend. Not that my weekends are terribly exciting, but sometimes there are little interesting bits. I’ve grown away from more personal, journal-style posts, and I think it’s about time I bring them back. So ready or not, here are five things that I’d like to tell you about my weekend.
1. I am really bad at jigsaw puzzles. I found a puzzle I bought years ago in our game closet and decided it was time to give it a try. Two hours later, the puzzle went back in the box and I dug out a huge LEGO set I have yet to put together. Much better. There’s something so satisfying about LEGO. I don’t know what it is, but give me a 1077 piece LEGO set over 1000 jigsaw puzzle pieces any day.
2. Next month, I’m going to Walt Disney World for 24 hours. Why would I only go to my favorite place in the world for only twenty-four hours and use up the only free time I have the entire month of August? To say goodbye to my all-time favorite attraction, of course. The Great Movie Ride is wrapping up its run on August 13th to make way for a new attraction featuring Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I know it sounds insane to a lot of people. It’s just one of those things you can’t understand unless you’re a Disney person. I liken it to traveling to see your favorite band’s farewell concert or attend the last game at a stadium before it’s demolished. We all have our vices.
It’s been a while since I’ve been to a Disney Park, and I’ve honestly missed that magic. I wish I could stay longer, but I’ll take what I can get and enjoy the heck out of it while it lasts.
3. And now I’m obsessed with following custom Disney ear and shirt shops on Instagram. I mean, LOOK HOW CUTE!
I ordered a custom tee from Glam Designs on Instagram for the GMR closing, and I can not wait to get it. Now I just need to order some custom ears, and I’ll be all set!
4. I’m currently reading Murder on the Orient Express ahead of the film release and I am absolutely loving it. I’m not sure the movie will be able to live up to the characters in my head, but I’m willing to give it a shot with a cast like that.
5. We’re still car shopping. So far, we’ve test driven a Chevy Traverse, Chrysler Pacifica, Kia Sedona, and a Honda Odessey. We are nowhere near making a decision and I am starting to go a little crazy. There are so many options, price points, features, payment options. It’s just too much. And making a decision on based on a thirty-minute test drive just seems crazy. Hopefully, we’ll have this figured out in the next couple of weeks.
So there it is, five things from my weekend. Here’s to a great week ahead!